Thursday, October 19, 2017

Night in Bethlehem meets Eclipse Technique

Eclipse technique is all the rage at the moment.  There are so many beautiful cards all across the pinterest and the internet.  I'm sure you have seen some.  Here is my take on the technique.

I have stamped using the Night in Bethlehem stamp set.  I firstly stamped the town of Bethlehem image in pacific point.  I then stamped it on a scrap piece of cardstock, then cut the image out with my paper trimmer in a shape of a rectangle giving me a mask.  I used the negative image of the mask and sponged pool party ink to give my Bethlehem some definition.  I then stamped the images of the stars, Mary and Joseph, the shepherd and the greeting.  Next I used the letters N O E L from the Large Letters framelits and placed them on my layer and ran this through the bigshot.  Mount the layer on base card and then using foam adhesive strips mount the letters in their place.

I was really pleased with the way my card turned out.  Very quick and simple technique but giving a wow effect.

What you need:
Stamp Set:  Night in Bethlehem
Card:  whisper white, dapper denim (pacific point, island indigo, night of navy would also look great)
Tools:  Large letter framelits, bigshot, paper trimmer
Accessories:  foam adhesive strips

No comments: